HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Today is a day to reflect on just how fragile our planet is, and why it is important to protect it. We all got a reality check last year on the impact we have and the damage we cause when we saw the earth bounce back during quarantine. Increased air quality in major cities across the globe, clear water in the Venice canals and other rivers and bodies of water, and animals emerging in national parks, are just a few of the changes we saw during lockdown.
This year, let's focus on putting our efforts together to help our planet thrive as it did a year ago.
Here are 7 things you can do at home to make a positive impact on our planet.
• Use cold water when washing clothes (HE washers and modern detergents make hot water optional)?
• Repair leaky faucets (5 drips a minute equals 262 gallons a year!)
• Use reusable grocery bags
• Unsubscribe from or cancel catalogs and junk mail lists to reduce waste
• Purchase a smart thermostat and program it to a lower temperature when you're out of the house and/or sleeping
• Use homemade cleaning products to cut down on harmful chemicals
What are your favorite ways to go green at home? Let me know in the comments.