Let's talk about the importance of curb appeal.
First impressions matter in all aspects of life, and nowhere is this more evident than in real estate. The exterior of a home is what catches someone’s eye and invites them to tour your home, and how a home looks on the outside can also greatly influence a buyer’s interest in even going to look at a home.
Here are a few easy and inexpensive tips to increase your home's curb appeal:
• Add a fresh coat of paint to your front door and replace the door hardware
• Upgrade your mailbox
• Add new house numbers and/or new lighting fixtures
• Add a planter (or two) with flowers to flank the entryway
• Weed, mulch, and renew planter beds
• Dress up your driveway by filling in cracks, recoating, or staining the concrete
If you’ve already set a good impression with a home’s exterior, it will allow for a more hopeful expectation of what a buyer will see inside, and how they perceive the home as being maintained and taken care of. Don't skip the outside!